Monday, November 15, 2010

A First

Yesterday was my 38th birthday.  My husband took me to an exclusive lodge for a much-needed weekend getaway.  Our accommodations were stellar, the food was the best I've ever eaten, but truly, the weekend was all about...the private hot tub.

The morning of my birthday, I had a dream.  Maybe it was the five-star food from the night before talking, maybe it was my hot tub induced uber-relaxed state, but my dream was oh so vivid, and quite unforgettable.  I dreamed that I started a blog called 'Tis A Blessing!  In the moments before full consciousness, creating a blog seemed like the answer to many prayers, the realization of many dreams - but I've had those kind of dreams before.  The kind that, when upon awakening fully, one starts laughing and wondering, "Was I seriously considering that?  Did I honestly think that was a good idea?"  But that feeling never came with my blog dream - not even after breakfast, when the laughter is most boisterous and feelings of self-pity and even embarrassment are most prominent.

So, not knowing anything about blogging, but taking my dream for some kind of a sign, I resolved to start myself a blog.  Be patient with me as I learn the ins and outs of this new (well, not so new to you, but very new to me...) art form.

I've titled my blog 'Tis A Blessing! for two reasons:  one, because that was what it was called in my dream, and goodness knows, I wouldn't want to anger my subconscious self by overriding its predetermined title; and two, because looking for hidden blessings has always been a quest with me.

This aspect of my personality was kind of inescapable - I mean, look at my name!  Hanging out on the 'bright side' was inevitable with a name like Sylva Leining.  But that, in itself, has been a blessing!

This blog, I swear, will not become a homage to Pollyanna.  As much as I love the little darling, I also kind of resent her.  (Again, my name and it's implied goody-goody-ness.)  No, my blog begs to be taken seriously, so there will be no swelling violins, or amber-filtered photography, only life and its ever-present bright side.

Enough introductions.  Look for me every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, and may you find life's hidden blessings!

Love to you all!
- Sylva    

No comments:

Post a Comment