Tuesday, January 25, 2011

A Slow Day

Outside my window it's snowing hard enough to wake the dead.  

Days like today have always made me question:  "Why is it humans don't hibernate?"  No one has ever been able to give me a satisfactory answer to this.  It may be that we ARE supposed to hibernate, but once things like mortgages and 401Ks became part of our daily existence, our CPAs advised us all to stay awake.    

Animals seem to get a lot of things humans don't.  Even my pets, Piper and Crickette - who aren't of the hibernating variety - know that days like today are made for lounging on their pet beds instead of scampering around the house getting into mischief.  

I've decided to take a lesson from their wisdom; hence the heavy cardigan and fluffy slippers I'm attired in, and the computer chair I have not vacated since 11:00 this morning - the exact moment when I finally got out of my pajamas.  
(I did brush my teeth, which is more than I can say for Piper...)

I am thankful for slow days.  And snow days.


Count Your Blessings!  They're right there.  And there.
And over there.

Sylva

No comments:

Post a Comment