Friday, December 10, 2010

To Be Needed Is A Gift

You know, even though it is the Christmas season and I am running all over the state picking up obscure gifts, helping my sister get ready for her Christmas boutique, carting kids here and there, and barely making it into bed each night before my eyes close of their own will, I am grateful for my busy-ness.  Most people complain about the holiday season being so crazy that they can't enjoy it.  I feel the opposite way.  

A reason to rise each morning is a blessing for sure.
To be needed is a gift.
Being busy keeps you young, despite what research into the frightening world of high blood-pressure and ulcers may show.  

And while I am so busy these days that I missed my scheduled blog two days ago, I have a feeling you all will forgive me once you know that instead of writing, I was scurrying to help my daughter finish her science fair project.  (Who decided it was a good idea to have a science fair in December?)  My daughter needed me and it was my pleasure to help her.  It was a blessing to spread the cardboard tri-fold out on the sewing room floor and paste her hypothesis, research, tables, data charts and pictures all night long.
Time well spent if you ask me.

I have much more to say on the subject of being needed, and how being busy is a blessing, but you'll have to excuse me.  You see, my sister is coming over to set up her homemade soap boutique in my dining room.  The scents of Citrus Sage, Cinnamon Vanilla, and Hollyberry will soon permeate my entire home.  Old and young will be braving the rain and walking into my sweet-smelling shop / abode.  Can't put the pajamas on and sit in front of a movie with Chinese take-out just yet!

There is no rest for the grateful! - and I am grateful for it!

-Sylva Leining          

No comments:

Post a Comment